View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 7:22 AM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Surprised we haven't talked about this yet (x-posted to Projects and Construction, Updates, and East Austin threads):

http://austintowers.net/plaza-saltil...am-to-reality/

Quote:
The vision/conceptual plan is by Torti Gallas and Partners. Michael Hsu is the lead local architect, so the aesthetics will match the design sensibilities of his other popular projects, including the ZACH Theatre, 04 Mixed-Use Development (Perla’s), and Lamar Union.

Before breaking down the details on the final Plaza Saltillo development, I’ll venture a guess that the office tenant will be a major tech company. I find it peculiar that there was no office space envisioned when Endeavor pitched to become the site developer, which leads me to believe the office space is not being built on spec, but on the signed line of an anchor tenant. Further, I’ve heard recently from a credible source that a major Fortune 500 tech giant is flirting with a sizable investment in Austin’s urban core. Again, this is just a semi-informed guess, but there you have it.