View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 27, 2016, 5:52 PM

Okay, so first the criticism. I think 14 levels of parking is a logistical mess but what bothers me more is the office/parking ratio. This is really a parking garage with "attached office." I'd love this building if the ratio were more 2-1, like 24-stories above this podium.

With that said, this is a HUGE win for me. Just think we could have gotten a slightly taller 5th and Colorado which would have made this basically a glass parking garage considering how much parking this one has. While I like disguising parking, I kind of find it strange when there is no differentiation between residential/office spaces and the parking garage. Seamless transition but I guess it doesn't feel natural to me.

I think this podium will actually look very cool and I love the fact this will have exterior glass elevators (which someone had opined when the site plan was released). This is an abstract beauty IMO and is very different from the recent spec office built downtown. Parking could be whittled down, but this has well exceeded my expectations.

Question: Why the blank wall facing North?