View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 12, 2012, 4:40 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
I've been put into a position to run a telecommunications project at the Boise Airport for the next several months. I have been working closely with the airport director. He was telling me the other day of some of the plans out there. Right now they are working to put temporary covering over the rental lot. There will then be a second or "attached" parking garage built. The rental lot will move to either the parking garage or down further to an undisclosed location. When the rental lot is gone, they are wanting to build another concourse that extends west.
If you're curious, here's an airport layout plan from the master plan showing showing some of the projects you mentioned: http://www.iflyboise.com/media/2618/...14-09DRAFT.pdf

It's probably a long time in the future (I'd venture to guess at least 10 years out) before Concourse A is built simply because the airport is, right now, has more than sufficient capacity to meet needs right now and in the near future. Now a new parking garage, on the other hand, will be needed very very soon (actually it was direly needed back in the mid-2000s when demand was at its peak). It'll be great to finally have that go up.