View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2016, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaidso View Post
What I always find astonishing is that I can watch 100's of NCAA basketball games on tv but ones from my own country are next to impossible. Right now I'm watching Virginia - Louisville but I'd rather be watching SMU - St. FX (then Dal - Acadia tonight). I can't because Canadian university ball doesn't matter to Toronto where our media is based. When I tell Torontonians that I support the Dal Tigers they look at me like I'm from Mars. Who are the Dal Tigers and why would you do that is their usual response. Um... because I went there and I'm from Canada and living in Canada?
You make a great point here because I can't understand why TSN would want to build foreign properties over their own. Well, actually I can because they are likely getting the game feed and it is cheaper to produce than TSN going into the field themselves.

The worst part is they are showcasing NCAA teams that aren't as good as their CIS counterparts. Because of the larger number of NCAA schools, they come under the umbrella of all being great when only the elite programs may be better than the elite CIS teams. And this isn't even true for hockey. Why are we being sold NCAA hockey?

The discussed CIS super league for football may be the answer. Have a schedule built for the top ten teams in football, hockey and basketball to play against each other. The competitiveness and the calibre of play would be much better. But of course that doesn't fix the wannabe culture who trumpet America but are totally ignorant of the improvements that have gone on in their own backyard.

Listen to the interview above with Dave Smart as he schools Bob McCown who has his head so far up American ass that he is woefully uninformed of what is actually happening here and in the USA.

We have great coaches here (according to Triano) and programs that all seem to be cooperating and pulling in the right direction (finally).