View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2007, 1:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big W View Post
cdnklc welcome to the forum and congrats. I like some have reservations on the project, however if you do impliment it properly it could turn out very well. To me it is vitally important that the project has street integration both north and south. You never want the project to cut things off from the rest of downtown, which to me hurts both you as the developer with the project (street traffic adds to the value of the property in terms of sales etc therefore higher retail rental rates) and adds to the life of the city in its core. By the way if possible please influence the city of Edmonton to have the portal for the NLRT on the other side of 101 Street. We do not need the LRT cutting off traffic every 5 mins on that street. The LRT portal should be well past 101 Street so that continued development along the artery can occur.
if it means anything, the entire project has no "blank" faces to the adjacent streets (as opposed to the one adjacent property which is a fire/code issue). there are some grade elevation changes along 101 st. and 97 st. which were a bit challenging but gave us a chance to develop some pretty interesting water features etc. to take advantage of them along with allowing us to seperate pedestrian traffic from vehicular traffic. we are working with lrt to ensure building construction allows for future nwlrt construction although this will happen under and not over our site. the portal location on 105 ave, is likely to be well "clear" of 101 st. and should not affect north/south traffic flow at all.