View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 19, 2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
I think both pro basketball and pro baseball would do well here (major leagues, of course). But because baseball has no salary cap, I would find it hard for a professional baseball franchise here in Van, to compete with the likes of the other franchises in MLB. It would have to go through the Blue Jays of building young, and keeping the core together. With that being said, I think basketball would have a better chance of succeeding the second time around. I know some people here in Van, are still bitter about the 6 disasterous seasons - but let's forget the past, and embrace the future, and not complain about what was, but have enough vision to see what could be. I'd be thrilled if an NBA franchise came to Vancouver, and of course, for that franchise to be managed well (not like the Stu Jackson era). People will give it a chance, if management is competent, and they see gradual improvements (we didn't see that when the Grizzlies were here - it was 6 seasons of tremendous losses, 19 in a row at one point).

I'd love to see both MLB and NBA here in this beautiful town of ours.
This is what I'd like to see