View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 4, 2014, 3:30 PM

I'm not a fan of partisan politics. I voted Green (which seems to be a habit of mine) because I felt they had the most coherent and stable platform (no wishy-washy messages and "details coming soon" placeholders like the others -- especially the Liberals). Having said that, let's see what the Liberals do.

For everyone: complaining on an internet forum will not help your case unless you also contact the premier and your MLA, regardless of how you judge their character and intelligence. Please share your opinions with them!

#1. No strong opinion, but at least he pulled through quickly. Regardless of moral beliefs, the province has a legal obligation to obey the Canada Health Act.

#2. I agree with the moratorium, but that in itself means essentially nothing. It was a way to buy votes from the 'no' crowd without committing to anything. Just watch: fracking will proceed.

#3. Too early to tell. I agree with mmmatt (from the events centre thread) that he's putting on a show (like on fracking).

The dumbest part of the Liberal platform is the plan to spend $1B on roads. I intended to vote Liberal until that came out of his mouth. Maybe the government can be convinced to redirect a few million from that budget to the events centre. Contact your MLA and make a good case.