View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 7:30 PM
waves

Moving discussion of the SFU Gondola from the Surrey/South of Fraser Rapid Transit thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornholio View Post
Full disclosure. I am positive SFUVancouver did a study on the feasiblity of this project, in which case he has a justified personal motivation to push this project forward.

I did however at one point read allot of the info on it and I makes sense to me. Would be interesting if they could ever incorporate a re development of the co op housing on Burnaby mountain and create a mid station on Forest Grove drive and a more complete community there. Also a gondola down the north side could also be worth exploring. They could route all the Hastings/Port Moody buses to its base, maybe put in a WCE station, parking facilities, and the park there can be improved to attract tourists. Its a even simpler project and probably both could be built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reecemartin View Post
It would be great if instead of building the new stadium they out aside the funds for the gondola, the business case is excellent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFUVancouver View Post
The Burnaby Mountain Gondola is an open-and-shut case for a P3 design-finance-build-operate concessionaire contract. I sincerely hope that comes to fruition.