View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2018, 7:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
Goodness, how'd you get THAT off base? That's some strong posturing.

I said that for that amount of money that the initial renderings, look very underwhelming.

It was a cynical, off-the-cuff comment with no evidence based bearing, so you can settle down. We've had plenty of these across this forum. But rather than even question the high cost yourself, you besmirch me.

So here's some easy math, and numbers are my industry. So now I'm back in my wheelhouse.

60 Million dollars
40,000 square feet
$1500/sq ft

A sultan could spec this thing and come in under budget.

For context:
Hydro Headquarters, notoriously well-spec'd: $400/sf
TNS I heard is low-mid $300s/sf
300 Main is under $300/sf
300 Assiniboine is under $200/sf

See where I'm coming from?

Let's assume $20M is for Art and programming. Now it's $1000/sf, at which price it should still be an alternate universe, not a building.

$30M for art? Still at $750/sf. Now the Sultan risks breaking his budget. You could build and program this thing for $20M, where you clock in at $500/sf. WHich is still rioting-in-the-streets high.

My thoughts, maybe a tad crass for you, were whimsical. Yet it was easier for you to spin this into purely on politics, or insinuate that I'm veiling my reasons or opinions, or that I want to besmirch good people.

I made it very clear that the high cost was the problem, as cost is a primary concern of all things construction and government. Sorry, but if you couldn't be bothered to get a basic grasp on the primitive mathematics I'm showing here, why do you besmirch me?

Edit: Further context... CMHR? $1,200/sf

That building atleast covered all of humanity and exhibited some of the most exotic materials and construction methods in North America. And we all agreed it was financially wasteful. The construction of this thing would be infinitely simpler.
Wow, you spend a whole lot of time desperately trying to prove you’re right about everything. Sorry, I just don’t support allegations of malfeasance without proof. But apparently that’s how you roll.