View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 4, 2018, 11:39 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
I'm wondering what that threshold a player has to cross to be considered generational?
Changing the game of hockey makes you generational. Being the best player in your generation (80s= Gretzky, 90s=Lemieux, 00s=Crosby/Ovechkin, 10s=McDavid).

Quote:
I'm hearing Pettersson being compared to Pavel Datsyuk by knowledgeable hockey people, so he apparently has a good 200 foot game, and, although it's only 9 games, he's shown a good potential to be a 100 point scorer (given 82 games).
He can be compared to him, I suppose, but I can't imagine Petterssen goes out and wins four Lady Byngs and three Selkes.

Quote:
He's arguably the best offensive talent to ever come out of Sweden, based on his SHL season where he broke longstanding records.
I'd be surprised if he ends up being better than Peter Forsberg.

Quote:
In my mind Pettersson is near generational or better. He's at least on par with Auston Matthews.
It's way too early to even be discussing this possibility. This hype train has fully gone off the rails at this point.

Quote:
There's a hilarious Pettersson vs Matthews thread going in HF Boards right now.
Ah yes, HFBoards, the utmost pinnacle of hockey knowledge and expertise. (He says, unironcially, whilst posting on an urban design/skyscraper forum)

Last edited by JHikka; Nov 4, 2018 at 11:51 AM.