View Single Post
Old Posted May 13, 2008, 2:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFFy View Post
59th & Lex (all the way to 3rd) is the Bloomberg Building with a Spire of sorts (Look at my icon of the Bloomberg minus the spire looking thing that must have been added later).

In any case, the US Bank Building (Library Tower for those that insist) has always captured me as a perfect imperfection. A circle and a square. A contradiction. I've always thought that this is a perfect symbol for California and the west; a region long known for it's innovation and outside the box thinking. Like Los Angeles the US Bank stands tall, not the biggest but firm and confident in it's position. The US Bank Building is the queen and it's no mistake it is and belongs in Los Angeles. I really admire this building and it's ability to connect with LA well. Maybe I'm just really proud of it and totally insane too, but if you know LA's history you might be able to understand what I am saying. I think LA's history was incorporated into the design. If LA were a building, the US Bank Building (minus the US Bank logo) would be LA. And IMO, it is.

You almost brought tears to my eyes!!