View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Star Metals update, aiming to break ground "later this spring":

http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/n...t-midtown.html

-------------------------------------------------I'm fond of the statue of giant inflatable dog ^^
"...409 apartment units, 185,000 square feet of office space and 30,000 square feet of ground floor-retail that could include an organic grocery store."

Which equates to what? 600 + parking spaces? I'm sorry, as nice as this project looks, I just can't get on board with the haphazard to zero infrastructure planning that is occurring in conjunction with all of this development on the Westside. Howell Mill is 3 lanes and 11th is 2. There is not even a proper intersection. There have been no transportation or road improvements in this area in decades. Yet the city allows unfettered redevelopment of formerly industrial areas to residential and commercial uses (including massive amounts of parking) with no thought to outcomes except for $$$ signs added to the tax base. Gridlock must be the goal.

Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe there is some grand scheme out there about how the crazy density being allowed in West Midtown will be handled in the near future. Maybe there are plans beyond a few random bike lanes to funnel the traffic that thousands of parking spaces entails. I'd love to see them.