View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 11, 2008, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravman View Post
the extension from scott road to King George occured in 94!... if this is a lie... prove to me that this extension occured before NOV 5 1991! The expo line was built by the socreds and they had built it till Scott Road...

AND BTW Rita Johnson was in office
April 2, 1991 – November 5, 1991 and was succeeded by Mike Harcourt, who was a NDP premier....)

btw this announcement is more BLOODY proof that the Liberals are just wasting time because they have NO PLAN and are just appeasing the public just so they can win the election in MAY...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tintinium View Post
I don't believe a Surrey Skytrain Extension study has ever been done. A UBC extension hasn't really been done under the context of the RAV line.

If they used old studies, the data would, undoubtedly be less compelling. That previous study was more along the lines of "is LRT or Buses or a Subway best?"

It, unfortunately, didn't really apply to current contexts.
If I remember correctly, a SkyTrain to Arbutus and rapid bus from Arbutus to UBC would have raked in 125,000-150,000 riders while LRT would have brought in 150,000. And with rapid bus, or a fancier B-Line, less than 100,000.

The numbers for SkyTrain all the way to UBC would be enormously high, as we all already know, with the only previous study only having SkyTrain up to Arbutus, with the introduction of the U-Pass and all other ridership growth since the study was done.