View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2005, 6:56 PM
4giv me for I have Zin'd

^^ I second that. But its almost like it all has to happen at once. Its almost like you have to have one to have the other. Obviously corporate moneys translates to tax revenues, which translates to more art & entertainment and all the other "amenities". Without those revenues you don't have the amenities. Without the amenities you dont have large corporations setting up shop here creating revenue. The easy answer is to start out slowly, market what you have, and work your way up. That is, after all, what getting the RiverCats was suppose to do. The late Mayor Serna wanted nothing less than major league here, if you recall.

Anywho, I think we agree, more could be done to market our city better -- to lure more of Corporate America to our doorsteps, to lure more amenities (like pro baseball or football perhaps?). Too bad about the Packard Bell demise. It was a step in the right direction. Then there was our own start-up "Foundation Health" and the NIMBY's of Gold River basically booted them out. The Money Store looked promising -- but no, not here, not Sacramento. It had to tank like everything else -- its like we're cursed or something.

Anyway, it just frustrates me.