View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 16, 2008, 10:03 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
The difference is I'm pretty much the only one on this forum that actually puts their money where their mouth is. Maybe wburg too but hes a NIMBY so he doesn't really count. I live in the grid, spend 90%+ of my free time in the grid or very close to it (east sac/land park/etc). On the weekends I party all over the grid and especially second saturday. I invest my money in the community and always keep it sactown. How many of you can say the same? How many of you sellouts go to Roseville or El Dorado Hills on the weekends for shopping/dining? Or even worse San Franciso? Those places will never recieve a dime from me.
OK, that's great. This opinion does not affect me in any way shape or form. It is nonsense to me. I do not care where anyone lives, I do not have time to care. I couldn't care less about the grid, or any of the gridders who live there. It is too small and too small of a scene to me for it to be significant. Good for you investing in the community you live in. I could never call anyone a sellout for living in Folsom or Roseville. People who are the most successful and educated in our Sac metro area choose to live in my area as well as Roseville, Davis, El Dorado Hills, etc. That is not the point either, the whole entire metro area is still too small of a "scene" for many like me. So we would like to see it grow, creating more customers for our services and investments. Houses in new neighborhoods, build them, we are not worried about sprawl, it is inevitable and good for business! Highrises and skyscrapers in downtown, build them, more people in one place makes it easier to promote and sell your products and services! Do you want to live in a victorian in midtown, great. Do you want to build a custom home in American River Canyon, live on 4 acres with horses, build it without any Gov. interference and have a happy life. Anyone can be involved in their community no matter how small or large they decide it to be. Die hard urbanists? A passing fad.