View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 4:31 PM
passion for patterns

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvinggryphon View Post
^^^
I totally understand but what I was trying to point out was his abject self-righteousnous when it came to Austin over San Antonio.......both of which are similar in many aspects.....imo anyway.
You are so off-base, it's not even funny. One of the things I do, almost ad infinitum, on Austin threads is constantly criticize the sprawl and lack of progressive development. I give Austin a harder time than San Antonio, but Austin wears its "liberal" credentials on its sleeve. I completely agree that the cities are similar in many aspects, but in key areas, Austin is quite ahead of SA. it's just the truth. When you get the level of infill, high-rises being built, and at least a small commuter rail system, then you'll be in the same league. If you really liked your hometown, you'd give it a harder time, instead of being a hollow booster. Kevin will tell you, I am probably one of Austin's biggest critics on here, but I doubt he could come up with something I said that was just plain wrong.

You might think I am a troll, but I am always basing whatever I say on very specific goals and ideals that I hold to be important for myself.