View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 13, 2016, 2:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech House View Post
OMG, his solos on Superstitious are terrifying. If I were a guitar, I'd have been afraid to be within a thousand miles of that guy. Holy shit. I mean, I knew he was good, but...
I accidentally typed "I knew he was god" and I corrected it, but maybe I should have left it the way my fingers wanted to type it.
I played lead guitar for a 70s band called Capital Punishment. Used a Les Paul, and a Fender Mustang that Todd Rungren bought. My guitar style was influenced by Clapton, Page, Winter,
Hendrix, ect...then I moved to Austin and saw SRV live, ditched the Gibson, bought a Strat and a few distortion pedals along with a Crate amp and set out to try to come as close to his sound and technique as I could. I wouldn't say I completely failed, I'm pretty good, but after years of trying, I'm no Stevie Ray, not by a long shot. If you just listen to him with your eyes closed, you would not see what he put into his guitar physically and emotionally. He was a
guitar purist, its what he was put on this earth to do. Wish I could have met him and had him extend some guitar wisdom on me.