View Single Post
Old Posted May 8, 2017, 5:16 AM
Fourth and Main

So, you're returning home from Sunday's electronic music fest on Third Street and thinking... Is it Tuesday morning already?

No, I just noticed this project has a massive number of photographs and thought it should be posted individually. I also like to space these posts by 1-3 days.

I want to thank the photographers for their generosity. Without you, these weekly updates won't happen. If you have photographs of construction projects and love this thread, please share with us.

AFAS Center for the Arts: Built!
This is an awesome building! I will miss not posting on it every week. It was fun watching it take shape. Did you know: This building doesn't have any parking! It is an office/gallery/retail/art studio building (mixed-use). It should be exciting to see what AFAS Group's next project will be! AFAS + STITCH Design Shop is a great combination. Liberty Street is seeing a large amount of investment right now. This is a very exciting time for Liberty Street!

Third floor office space (leased by STITCH Design Shop):

Credit: stitchdesignshop

First floor - Red Dog Gallery:

Credit: stitchdesignshop

The walls:

Credit: dennis_wells_art

Ribbon cutting:

Credit: winstonwatchman

Credit: AFAS

Credit: Matthew Lankford

Credit: mattlankford1

Third floor office space:

Credit: shootyourpassion

Third floor office space:

Credit: vieuxplace

Credit: triadmaya

Tenants in this building have said they don't need lights, since sun light enters the building through the walls... amazing!

Credit: vieuxplace

The interior walls:

Credit: hetedder

Winston-Salem's own Viator Design & Construction making the awesome back-lit LED sign:

Credit: viatordesignandconstruction

Finished back-lit LED sign:

Credit: viatordesignandconstruction

Credit: winstonwatchman

Credit: shootyourpassion

Credit: byegypsy

Credit: byegypsy

Credit: ricardocordew

2017 Concrete Canvas Mural Festival @ AFAS Center for the Arts:

Credit: Susan Smith

Credit: Susan Smith

Credit: girardthatsfrench

Thank you to everyone involved in this project! This is a great addition to downtown. This should make 601-617 North Liberty Street a very valuable site for apartment or office developers. I've heard there are already offers?