View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 8, 2010, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Eade View Post
4-levels! Remember that this is Ottawa, not Montreal. We don't like tall things here unless they are trees.

But, back to your suggestion, I see a down side in only allowing the 417WB to exit at St. Laurent. I think that there are a lot of east-end people who use the OR174 to get to St. Laurent. Without the direct link, they will be using Ogilvie and the Aviation Parkway; but the Aviation Parkway will be crowded with people travelling to Gatineau and back. If possible, I think it is better to keep the traffic distributed between the Parkway and St. Laurent by maintaining a direct exit from the OR174.
Actually, looking at the configuration of the current interchange, flipping the sides may make more sense. That means no access to St. Laurent from the 417WB through the split, they would have to get off at Innes. The thinking is similar to Moodie access from 416 to 417WB there, where a barrier blocks such access (very smart move).

Eliminating the loop ramp allows for more space for movements without interference with the Transitway/LRT corridor (which is unaffected by such an upgrade; all the ramps go over it).