View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2023, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
For active mods in this section it's mostly me and Dmajackson.

We can rename the thread if people decide on something better. Not sure what it should be and what the content of this thread would be.

It's okay to collect public quotes from people (like short passages from news articles or municipal meeting records) but sharing private info or "doxing" are not allowed on SSP and that stuff will be deleted (please use the report function on the forum if you see it). It would be good to keep the focus on the ideas and not personalities, although I think there is a bit of an exception there for people who choose to become involved in politics. There's nothing wrong with respectfully criticizing the public positions of politicians or activists on issues relevant to the forum.

Not sure if they still do it but The Coast used to do councillor scorecards. It would be interesting to see something like that but from a development perspective.
May I suggest "the usual suspects". Great movie BTW, but Its not just the usual anti development folks out there, its the lazy journalists that hide behind the tight deadline excuse to get that quote. The Local journalists should be reaching out to maybe Dave Jackson if he was willing to comment on the development situation and future. I know CBC reaches out to other interested Bloggers in the HRM such as they guys that run ShipFax and Halifax Shipping news. They are very informative without being too partisan.
Why does Waye Mason seem to be the only Halifax development voice out there.