View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 1, 2016, 10:37 PM

I personally think that moving the houses next to the Castman-Bull wouldn't create a "zoo effect" but would rather generate a really interesting area, especially if integrated into Palm Park. Again though, the Convention Center is currently restoring that house and redeveloping that area so does Manchester already own the land across the street that they want to move those houses to? If so, the Convention Center might have to oblige as well.

I love this conceptual design, with the tiered height and the apparent curve. What I don't understand is why moving those houses is such a deal breaker. It seems like the portion of the design that would be most compromised is the one-two story grand entrance (maybe this is also convention space) and a roundabout courtyard. I'm sure they could do without that appendage or add more space vertically. If they were serious about this project, then it has to be a bluff. If it's really that cut-and-dry of an issue, then this seems more like a vision wrought with indifference rather than a real plan.