View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 28, 2014, 7:42 AM

If you say the wrong thing many times, does it become fact?

Unless there is a report to City Council that is missing on the Surrey web site and didn't go in front of them, the final word at Final Adoption was in January 28, 2013, Corporate Report LU002 which stated and I quote:

Quote:
As a result of these revisions, the northerly tower has increased in height from 45 storeys to 48 storeys, or from 158 metres (518 ft.) to 164 metres (538 ft.), measured from ground level to the top of the mechanical penthouse.
So unless they magically slid in a few floors, or the difference in numbering is simply due to them ignoring a few floors like 13 for example, I'd say we're looking (regardless of floors) at 164 metres in height.

http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcounci..._2013-L002.pdf

That's the report. Maybe they measure "storeys" differently in planning and corporate reports than in the media. I don't know. At the end I don't actually care if a building is 10 or 90 storeys, I care about the height for this type of thing. 164m is the magic number.

If you look at the drawing at the end of the report last page and do a quick count:

3 base floors
+5 office
+1 mechanical
+36 apartment residential floors
+2 townhouse floors
+1 mechanical
= 48 floors

It can be noted maybe that the office and base floors are higher than the residential and hotel floors. AKA in the span of 5 office and 1 mechanical (6 floors) on the residential side, on the hotel side you have 9 hotel floors in that same height.

I'm inclined to believe 48 floors, 164m. Still going to be nearly 50 feet taller than One Wall Center which I think is still impressive in the region given current building heights and location.

Last edited by GMasterAres; Jan 28, 2014 at 7:52 AM.