View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 1:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourglass View Post
lol, You're right. Fancy office towers do not an interesting place make. And given a choice between Toronto and Sydney, i know where I'd rather live (hint: it isn't Toronto). I think most people who have spent any time at all in both cities would agree with me.
Stayed in Sydney for 3 weeks last year. After 4 days downtown I got bored and headed out to the beaches.

Personally, I'd pick Wellington New Zealand first, then Toronto, then Melbourne, then an oceanfront suburb of Sydney, then Sydney city centre. I won't even mention Auckland or Adelaide.

Downtown Sydney shop-keeps were curt, food was meh, grocery stores had very poor selection, tourists were everywhere. I did thoroughly enjoy the built form of the Harbor YHA around the dig site. That was genius.

The only thing Sydney has over Melbourne is a supply of fresh water and a lack of dead sheep.

Next time I'm in that part of the world I expect I'll a month on the southern half of New Zealand. The hills around Picton are really neat and that's as far as I got.