View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 29, 2016, 2:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieStevens View Post
The amount of lots around that area is ridiculous. I hope these kind of projects move along high rise developments. Its really an extension of the loft district in a way. I see condos and apartments; and location is great for easy access to just about every part of the city. I think the convention center creates a barrier to the rest of the city in a way but it can become its on little neighborhood I think
Yeah, despite some notable exceptions, the whole area bounded by 11th, Race, the Parkway, and Vine Street, is flush with lots and is severely underdeveloped. It's particularly pronounced East of Broad, but it really does extend all the way to the Parkway. The area West of Broad in that area I would say is particularly ripe for high-rise development since in addition to already having some and not being low-rise residential, it's very close to our tallest buildings. There should really be tall high-rises on both sides of the parkway.

More long-term, if there's ever funding to even gradually cover Vine Street, that could also be a major arterial with high-rises on either side.