View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2012, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrNest View Post
That's not what I'm actually saying. And your statement is purely subjective. Many people will agree with your postulation, many others wouldn't.

Personally I don't think the Chrysler Building is the best looking skyscraper in the world anyways. Before somebody tries to correct me, I'm not saying I don't like the look of the Chrysler, I do, it's a beautiful building, just not at the top of my list of best looking skyscrapers. The point which I shall reiterate is that everyone has different tastes and like and dislikes. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What I was saying with regards to One Woodward, is that it has its beauty in its own right. It works with its surroundings, and has a majestic brute force look, which to me is something quintessentially what a skyscraper should be.
lol, yeah, I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just think the massing, details and lighting of Chrysler are about as close to perfect as we will ever get. As far as One Woodward goes, I agree with you. I have always been a fan of it. Really, I like the whole river facing wall of the financial district in Detroit.