View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 12:42 PM
perhaps . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredinno View Post
Thanks, but I'm a little sick feeling like I'm not welcome all the time.

Calling me a Lego and Runescape player is pretty insulting.

I'm probably going to blow off for a while before coming back.
fredinno, you are most certainly welcome. That said, I am not going to treat you like a child. You need to listen and learn from what people are telling you. It's not enough to be welcome, you also need to welcome the nature of the site . . . and respect it. It is incorrect to join, make a few messes and mistakes, get negative feedback, continue as if you are ignoring the feedback, and then get upset and say everyone hates you and you are not welcome. That is simply wrong. You are welcome to participate, but not to participate improperly and disruptively. You need to figure things out and participate in the manner that generally governs our discussions. But, even if you can't figure that out, there is still a place for you here. You have your own thread. In it you can put anything that you could possibly want to. A number of forumers visit your thread and appreciate it. Just don't let it leak out into the more serious ones.

I will apologize for the runescape/lego thing. However, it was not an insult. It was a reference to activities more purely ruled by fantasy. It's not an insult because in my world I know some pretty smart 20+ year olds who take both of these very seriously . . . and both activities can be taken to quite sophisticated levels. To build Lego is certainly no insult when compared to getting excited about a tall building, or a fantasy transit map. So, stop with the feeling sorry/everyone hates me nonsense and stay on the forum and enjoy what you enjoy in its appropriate place.

My last words to you about this: I welcome your continued presence.