View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 9, 2018, 9:43 PM
Nashville born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillowTalk4 View Post
Okay, I don't won't to get too excited about this just yet. Metro has a way of getting in the way when buildings exceed 30 stories in Nashville. So, I'm not going to explode with excitement over the prospect of a 60 story building right now. My hopes and dreams of that happening have been zapped too many times.

All that being said, lets say Tony gets the approval he's looking for with the land swap, will he have to request a height approval for that location? And, what are the real prospects that he'll be able to fund a 60 story residential tower? He wasn't able to pull together the funding for the 70 story mixed use Signature Tower he originally had planned for what is now the 40 story 505CST. Also, why would you build a 60 story residential tower with zero parking? Unless he plans on only selling to people who work in downtown that is just not reasonable to me. And, it might get in the way of him getting approval for the project. Nashville is not NYC. Even it they voted for a rail transit system it still wouldn't be reasonable. He probably needs to rethink that whole idea.
Downtown has unlimited height restrictions. The governing factor is the FAA which apparently 'recommends' a lower height (750ish) due to one of the runways being lined up with downtown. This is all from discussions I have heard at coffee shop meetings, but supposedly you can go higher, you just can't get insurance. Private planes (like Taylor Swift's) can't get enough altitude soon enough to be safe, I was told by people who should know this stuff.