View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 19, 2013, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by north 42 View Post
Windsors' downtown is not as abad as Jacob has said, I live right DT and love it.its very busy on weekend nights and has lots of choices when it comes to dining and drinks, and we have Caesars if you prefer to gamble. A five minute drive through the tunnel and you are in downtown Detroit, which is actually full of great things to do, and the least sketchy area in the city.
I absolutely agree with the food part, there are many excellent places to eat; just about any type of restaurant you want is down there. I recommend anyone new to the area try Prime Burger. Unfortunately, other than gamble, drink and eat, it does become quite boring, but is getting better.

In the winter, you can go skating, which is one of the biggest family attractors during the time, but that is only there for a few months and then that space becomes empty all summer. Eventually, the new indoor water park will open and I have a feeling that will be a catalyst for the area.

Downtown used to have a small(ish) movie theatre, but it closed down a few years ago and was converted into the new headquarters for the local news paper, "The Windsor Star".

Just across Riverside from downtown is possibly the nicest waterfront in the country. There is a river-front trail stretching from Walkerville to the ambassador bridge (almost 5 kilometres) with great landscaping, gorgeous gardens, several playgrounds, interesting modern art, a brand new stage, a large space for the festivals and the best view possible of Detroit's art-deco skyscrapers.

Across the river, which you can get to by driving or even a reasonable $4.00 bus ride is Downtown Detroit, which is a very interesting place, though i can't really tell you about because i haven't been in a while, except to ride the people mover (which is really cool on its own).

Sorry i did not include any positves in my original post, if i missed any, please let me know.