View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 4, 2010, 8:44 AM

I meant excluding Knight St.

I almost agree with the parking restrictions 24/7, but at 10pm there would be no need to have 3 lanes along Knight St. The thing about those parking lanes along 12th/Venables/Boundary is that there's only 2 lanes for that direction originally. If there was 3 it'd be completely understandable. That's where the line should be drawn for overnight parking. If the road is 3 lanes each way than it doesn't matter, since no road in Vancouver or anywhere in Metro Vancouver for that matter is busy enough to need it after 8pm. (Exceptions are Canucks/Lions/Fireworks letting out) If it's 2 lanes and there's a risk that traffic could be blocked, by someone turning left or parking or anything like that, than they should have no parking restrictions 24/7. So long as traffic can always keep flowing at night than there is no problem. During the day when there's tons of cars on the road than 3 lanes along Knight are essential in my opinion since Knight is always hit or miss. One day you can go from KSB to Hastings in 15 minutes other days it takes almost 45 minutes. It usually depends how many cars turn left and block traffic, and how many cars are parked on the right and block traffic. Same goes for Granville/Oak/Cambie/Kingway.