View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2012, 5:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfan View Post
The odd levels, spaces, nooks, and whimsy of Horton is something that needs to be saved. If you had read my posts from before, you'd know that the removal of Horton's distinctive architectural features are my main issue. Not the paint color, railings, etc. Do what you will with those details, just don't destroy the distinctive layout.

As for the billboards, LED or not, those are going to have a harder time being approved with downtown already having strict guidelines on such advertisements.
Yea the levels, weird layout, columns, arches, and domes and everything is what i really love... the color and patterns?? not so much at all...

but anyways i've always seen horton plaza as the place where led lights and such should be.. since the very top has those exaggerated food and store signs.. like the mcdees and such. also if the place did have a bunch of led signs and billboards it would really "distract" or be a "blight" to the streets and people outside on the streets surrounding the mall since its "inside"... the digital signs and lights wouldn't be seen on 4th and 1st ave, broadway, and g st.... im not saying put a whole bunch of it EVERYWHERE... but just a few here and there, nothing too crazy