View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2016, 7:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrptree View Post
I agree completely. I think with the "planned" closing of the Peachtree-Pine shelter (tough issue I know) this area could become like north Midtown in time and certainly MUCH more lively in a few years. Lilli is exciting to me (and possibly Eviva) because it's such an amazing design unlike anything we have seen in Atlanta.
I'd argue that the shelter is more of a Downtown problem. The southern part of Midtown is bustling; there seems to be more pedestrian activity between 10th and Ponce there than anywhere else in the neighborhood. North of that, Spring is mostly vacant and there isn't much retail on Peachtree. Of course that's changing as we speak, but for now if you looked at a heat map of activity you'd probably see most of it concentrated in the southern half. I consider projects like Hanover and lilli to be polish at this point, and things like Coda are really just an extension of Tech Square. The projects in the northern half are truly transformative, though... it's a bit of a ghost town now but in a few years it sould be as active as the areas farther south.