View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2012, 9:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
So if you take idea of two chair and one table to interpret what Chinese opera is about. How do you design it? They are traditional wooden furniture you can see most Chinese and Taiwanese house, especially country side. Maybe he should use brown colour rather than white and grey colour.
umm yea that would be a big improvement!! materials/colors are a big factor in successful architectural design and concept. most of taiwan's buildings are grey concrete. they dont even bother to paint he concrete or tint it some other color - everything is just grey!! i know you can blame the developers for wanting to using concrete. but how much of it is the architects' fault for not pushing to utilize other materials/colors cuz maybe the developers havent thought of it themselves? using wood or wood-like material and natural looking colors would be a huge improvement in this design as ancient chinese furniture are made of wood. look at beitou's library. all wood building which blends in with the green mountainous environment.

i'm familiar with kris yao's work and as much as i like some of his designs, i noticed much of it is concrete.they dont even paint the concrete or tint the concrete - everything is just grey! that's what most of taiwan's buildings are like, even the new ones! :/