View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 8:51 PM
Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban2Core View Post
I read somewhere that multi-family homes (townhomes, apartments, condos, etc.) account for 70% of all new home construction in Canada, while only 30% of new home construction is single family homes

Conversely, new home construction in the US is 65% single family and 35% multi-family.

So why such a difference in construction on either side of the border? Our societies aren't that much different from one another. USA as a country has much higher population density than Canada. So shouldn't Canada be the one building more single family homes?
Your Canadian statistics are incorrect. This publication from the federal government predicts that 2012 will see construction start on 82,700 single family units and 107,300 multi-family units in Canada. So this year, the ratio will be more like 44% single family and 56% multi-family.
With coarse rice to eat, with water to drink, and my bended arm for a pillow - I have still joy in the midst of these things. Riches and honors acquired by unrighteousness are to me as a floating cloud.