View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 16, 2009, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergenser View Post
Sweet twin towers!
Do you think they will be built?
The Russian Investor, Hermitage, firmly believes in this project which they consider by far as their first priority worldwide for the future.

Actually, the fact they've decided to change the architect without abandoning the site and the concept is a good evidence of their motivation. They weren't satisfied of Jacque Ferrier's concept and hired no less than Sir Norman Foster as a replacement.

That makes 5 supertalls proposed for Paris. Here's what I can say about their chances to get built :
  • Generali Tower (318m) : This project is the most advanced. Everything is going on normally and the construction permit has been granted. I would consider it to be the most likely to get built even though delays could be expected considering the crisis.
  • Hermitage Plaza I and II (323m) : As I've already told, the investor is very motivated by the project. The only uncertainty about them is about the residential building "Les Damiers" which has to be destroyed earlier. I doubt that building will be empty by 2010, making unlikely that construction will start then (as it's planned).
  • Phare Tower (301m) : The project is doing fine. The only issue is about the location which is very tricky as the tower would be built above rail lines. There are strong chances it will cost more than expected.
  • Signal Tower (300m) : The spanish investor is in a very bad shape. They nearly confessed the project was abandonned this week at Cannes. Obviously, Jean Nouvel, the architect, doesn't accept this and is trying to find a new investor... but I have strong doubts the tower will actually get built. To tell the truth, I personally hope it won't get built ! I don't like this project.

Hope it helps.