View Single Post
Old Posted May 7, 2020, 3:08 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by milomilo View Post
I want the TCH to be upgraded too, but assuming the supply of money to the project remains constant, it's going to be a long process. And the question has to be asked, should the priority be to spend the money on grade separating interchanges, or to increasing the length of 4-laned highway, while making the at grade intersections safe with protected tees and signals?

It's clear that BC prefers the latter approach, and I've come around to believe it's probably the more sensible one, short of a huge increase in funding. I'd rather drive on a longer section of 4 lane road while occasionally stopping for lights than have to drive on more crappy old 2 lane roads, with a few more interchanges in the shorter upgraded sections. Just build the new road in such a way that the interchanges can be added later.

I do agree though that it is shameless dishonesty to advertise one plan then build another.
There will be a massive stimulus package to boost the destroyed economy. I'll bet if the BC government wanted some for this, too do it right, they would get it without issue.