View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2003, 6:51 PM
Go Beavs! Go Niners!

rainbowVA, thats cool! Well as for HNL the Japanese are the number one market for tourists, Waikiki is heavily dependent on the high-end Japanese spender so signs in their language are up all over to help them get around so they can drop their cash. In fact more Japanese travel here then anywhere else in the world, this is their number one destination. The other islands dont really market themselves heavily to Japan which is good especially with the shaky Japanese economy. Also funny you should mention that because in the area i live in which is basically the Koreatown area it borders the Japantown area (Moiliili), anyhow in this are you can find signs that are tri-lingual to quadra-lingual (sp?) haha ie: (Korean, Japanese, English) or (Korean, Chinese, English) etc etc Theres another part of town where i think the city ended up creating an international style cross walk because of the high concentration of immigrants and i think there are little signs & pamphlets including Tagalog, Ilocano, Samoan, Laotian, Thai and Vietnamese, etc just for the crosswalk.

Anyhow its too bad that the weather was a little crappy when you were here its been raining off and on for most of the time ive been back here, but i guess its normal for this time of year, sunshine, wind, rain, ahhh but its warm and today its sunny & beautiful again