View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 21, 2011, 4:50 AM
Meh

I did a mock model of this building today in my LEGO model of downtown. I also included the proposed Hyatt Place hotel across the street. Man, that is going to be one dense little pocket of downtown. Hampton Inn and Hyatt Place side by side on their block, then across the street will be this building. And then just to the west of this building is 301 Congress and to the east and caddy corner is the Marriott. Not to mention whatever gets built at 2nd & Congress with the convention center hotel plan.

This building actually looks fairly tall compared to 301 Congress. The main roof of this building will only be 99 feet shorter than 301 Congress across the street, and the penthouse will be just 86 feet shorter. I wish it would be taller, too, but I don't think it'll be too horrible. The difference in height between it and 301 Congress and all the surrounding buildings will be less dramatic than that of AMLI on 2nd which is surrounded by the W, Ashton and The Austonian - The Austonian being more than 3 times as tall as AMLI on 2nd.

Thou shall not indict