View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabotp View Post
I found after years of driving, when I used to drive. That one has to get in the mindset that they can not be bothered about denting their vehicle.

At that point I started to become more assertive and would just slowly creep over to a lane. Usually someone would panic and slow down. I would then just move in. I did it every time I had to cross the Knight Street Bridge after just entering from Bridgeport. I wanted to get into the left lane and no one was going to stop me.

Good thing you don't drive anymore...especially when you think being in a collision is justifiable for shaving a few seconds off your commute. I can only imagine how much your insurance went up with that type of attitude. Btw, that is called making an unsafe lane change. If you were to get into an accident, you would be completely at fault.

Besides, I'm sure if you signal properly and slow down people will let you in. Doing what you do, on the other hand, would cause people to not let you in. I sure wouldn't if I saw a car doing that.