View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
When you think in terms of the total activity it really is amazing. We have over 40 projects underway or proposed between 300' and 850'. That is absolutely amazing for a metro of 2.2 million. And that is of course in addition to what has been built during the past few years and doesn't even count a significant number of planned/envisioned projects.
It is DEFINITELY amazing.

I would be curious to know what the success rate of our towers are in the boom era. That is -- when a given project makes it to the proposal stage, what are the chances it makes it in a relatively linear fashion through to completion? I think we have some healthy (and well earned) skepticism on this board, but I also feel like it's rare that a tower makes it to proposal stage and DOESN'T achieve lift off within the next year or so.

When I say that I'm thinking about the stuff we Forumers consider in planning/envisioning stage -- and from a probability standpoint what will reasonably make it to completion. I feel like a good chunk of what we know about WILL achieve lift off, eventually . . . and usually in a form that's consistent with original plans.