View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2016, 12:31 AM

I will go with Coldrsx's suggestion.

Here's part 2 of Sunshine Coast. First few photos from the Francis Point Trail before the main event, a zodiac tour of the famous Princess Louisa Inlet.

Strait of Georgia is a huge open body of water. Vancouver Island is even further than those small islands in the background.

So yeah, from Egmont one can join on a spectacular half-day zodiac tour up Jervis Inlet to the incredibly beautiful Princess Louisa Inlet.

Nature is abundant in British Columbia and seing wild seals is not even that rare.

Broken mountain face.

Ages old mysterious First Nations rock painting on cliff side. The meaning of it is not known until this day.

Weather in the morning was very hazy, painting the view beautifully blue.

Some calm waters.

The whole area is so mountaineous that it is almost completely inhabited. No roads of any kind in here.

Me and my wife (not pictured) were the youngest on this tour.

Gateway to Princess Louisa Inlet is through Malibu Narrows. On the banks of the narrows is a former luxury wilderness resort that was built in the 1940. Visitors to this secluded resort included John Wayne, Senator John F. Kennedy, Barbara Stanwyck, Bing Crosby, and Bob Hope. Unfortunately it was so remote that business wasn't good and the resort had to close its doors in the 50s.

It was sold to a Christian association that has since then organized youth summer camps there (in winter there is also some accommodation). Now what a location be on a summer camp!! Access is only possible by boat or by float plane and there is no cell phone network in here. Nature is your playground in here!

The inlet itself is surrounded by very tall mountain faces.

The waterfall on the vertical face is called James Bruce Falls and it is credited being the highest in North America. It stems from a small snowfield and cascades 840 m (2,760 ft) down to Princess Louisa Inlet.

There is a small harbour at the bottom of the inlet.

It's a popular place for people to sail all the way from Vancouver. The trip takes two days one way, but spending a night under the stars in a place like this must be amazing!

It rains a lot between the mountains and hence there some beautiful old growth forest.

Chatterbox Falls is a small but very visible waterfall nearby.

In my opinion Princess Louisa Inlet is on par with New Zealand's world-famous Milford Sound. I have been to both and was surprised to find something this beautiful so close to Vancouver. Not many people even know of this place, which makes it even better.

It's an one-hour ride back to Egmont. Jervis Inlet had got windy by now, but at least the weather had improved and the haze was gone.

Back at out West Coast Wilderness Lodge.

What a view to look at for a weekend!

Finally, few photos from Gibsons harbour and ferry terminal on our way back.

The mountain in the back are theNorth Shore Mountains.

Tight fit with the bikes on.

BC Ferries is expensive to take, but provides great service.

And that is it! We had great time on Sunshine Coast and will surely be returning there for another visit sometime in the future! Definitely go if you have never been! All these photos were from Victoria Day long weekend in 2015, so now would be a perfect time to plan a getaway there.