View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 27, 2010, 5:47 PM

The biggest road rage I've ever had was driving to Princton on Highway 3.

I was driving an SUV (mid-size, Ford Escape) and ended up with a Smart Car in front of me.

in all the 80 km/h sections, this dude would go 80 km/h, down hills, since he's light, his vehicle didn't speed up and coast down. He stayed right on 80 km/h.

Me, being behind him, couldn't shift down because I only had 2nd and 1st gear, and had to lock on the brakes the whole time. Eventually my brakes over heated, turned spongy, and I almost lost control because this little car wouldn't speed up or coast (there were a good dozen vehicles in the queue behind).

When we level out, the road widens out, and the speed limit goes to 100 km/h. Guess who speeds up/takes off. Mr. Smartcar. He's flying around 130 km/h, making it impossible to catch up and pass so I don't have to deal with him the next downgrade.

Next downgrade - repeat process. Thankfully my brakes had cooled down, but it was scary. The car was shaking like crazy cause the brakes overheated because I had to keep them locked on in order not to fly into Mr. SmartCar.