View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 7:08 PM

Just noticed that the UDPRP website has new projects going to the Urban Design Peer Review Panel this month:

- Proposed Medium/High density development by Tricar (160 Sunningdale Rd West - Basically a few properties West of Richmond on the South side of Sunningdale) - Looks like they are proposing 2 new towers along Sunningdale which are 18 storeys tall with a 2 storey podium linking them. One midsize building along the street going into the neighbourhood with a portion of 2 storey podium along Sunningdale. And 3 storey towns on the south side of the block. Looks like an exciting project, not many architectural details are revealed other then the massing in a sketchUp drawing.

- Proposed specialized memory care facility focusing exclusively on Alzheimer’s, dementia and related memory issues afflicting our aging seniors (120 Chelton Rd - Southwest corner of Commissioners and Chelton on the edge of the Summerside Subdivision. Nothing too special from an urban design point of view.. It seems like a pretty specialized building with specific requirements for design and safety.

- Proposal for 5 storey apartment building (3535 Settlement Trail - Well within the Talbot Village Neighbourhood in Southwest London) I feel as though this building could be much better designed as it is at the terminus point for the street that will be eventually built from Bostwick Rd into this subdivision. I believe the original plans for this street called for it to act as a Wortley Village with a mix of uses, I wonder if that will still happen.. Any case on this particular application I think they could have framed the street better with the building and hid the parking in the back that way creating a better view terminus as for the future as the development builds out.

Anyway if anyone wants to check out the briefs with renderings go to:
http://london.ca/d.aspx?s=/Planning_...ermar21_12.htm