View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 9, 2018, 1:11 AM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
I like the idea of led lighting, but my time working in Toronto taught me that decorative colourful led lights are more than likely to go on the fritz at some point, and its even more likely the condo corp or property manager doesn't want to pay to fix it because it's not an amenity that's crucial to the building. The lights on top of Aura condos never work correctly, it's almost become a running joke in Toronto.
There are enough in toronto that are working however, and the only reason I bother to even notice buildings at night is if they have neon colours lit up on them. In addition leds technically can last forever except for the fact its the little transformers that eventually go. Regardless it's an easy fix.

Interesting historical fact - there are some light bulbs from the distant past that essentially last forever because they used such a thick filament inside that it will never break. Lights are built to break so you order more. There are some original bulbs that have been on since they were invented and have never been changed.

Last edited by Chronamut; Sep 9, 2018 at 4:14 PM.