View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 29, 2007, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
The people at Urbandale would have a nervous breakdown if they realized that time and time again in this forum we discuss LRT to the airport and abandoning the leg to Riverside South. Myself, I would like to see both. Not a spur line, but have the line actually loop past the airport on its way to or from Riverside South. But make no mistake, if given the option I would take the airport and have the people from Riverside South connect to the train at Lester or South Keys. As for crossing the Strandherd Bridge into Barhaven, I think it would be a crime not to do so. We would get 50x more riders from Barhaven than from Riverside South and all we have to do is cross a river?? Let's hope this fact is not ignored when council unveils their plan.

The issue that came from all of this, is for Barrhaven people, taking the 95 is much faster (20 minutes in some cases) to go DT than taking the original O-Train extension. The LRT should be in the same corridor. There is no way we can justify the cost for a Riverside South LRT, while a suburban train would be as effective for the type of travel. There is no double flow to Riverside, just one way in the morning and evening.