View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 6, 2013, 5:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Terrible in what way?
Sorry for the late response, but most of them were ugly, concrete, circular buildings with zero character, in the suburbs surrounded by parking lots, and were built to be multi-purpose but in doing so weren't ideal for either sport they were trying to host. A more recent example of that would be the Skydome. I am biased in that regard because I like the Skydome and see it as an integral piece of downtown Toronto, but as far as feel goes it is not a great baseball park and is a terrible football stadium. When it gets quiet in there it gets really quiet. And even when it gets loud it doesnt seem so compared to better designed single-purpose stadia.

To me I see no uniqueness between RFK Stadium, the former Veterans Stadium in Philadelphia, Riverfront Stadium in Cincinnati, Shea Stadium (except for it missing a side), Three Rivers Stadium, Atlanta–Fulton County Stadium, Busch Memorial Stadium, etc. etc.