View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 2:52 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
You are happy with how the city is running things then?
Of course things could be much better (ANY city will tell you that). However you have to take the good with the bad. I am assuming that you are younger (in your mid 20s) and don't really remember what Winnipeg was like 15+ years ago. When I see Winnipeg these days I see a VAST improvement from when I was in my late teens and early 20s. I choose to focus on what is better than losing sleep over a curb cut or gravel parking lot.

I spent nearly 9 years in Calgary and while people here love to wish that we had an LRT in Winnipeg or as many bike paths you have to realize that they are both different cities, and where one is strong in one place it is weak in others.

So while it would be nice to have some more forward and urban minded people in the City Hall chambers, much of the change also has to come from Winnipeg residents. More people need to take the bus, work/live/shop in downtown and other urban areas and generally create a critical mass that City Hall can no longer ignore. This will happen organically and takes time, but I see it happening faster now than ever before and that excites me.

Stay positive, Winnipeg is getting better. Even though we tend to trip over our own feet from time to time.