View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 5:07 PM

Just my opinion but I think the new single terminal is the best option. KCI feels like an underground WWII bunker (exposed jagged concrete looking ceilings just aren't a good look), it is so congested (inside security) that I feel like I'm back in Asia trying to board a Beijing bound train, and the concessions/dining are woefully limited inside security, as well as the restrooms being severely under-present/flat out "out of order" oftentimes.

However the passenger traffic at KCI certainly doesn't warrant a new terminal, especially with the Wright Amendment being lifted at Dallas Love, meaning that all those Midway-Kansas City flights (with Chicago boarded passengers), can now skip Kansas City entirely (same story for STL) and fly straight to Dallas, so I'd expect the number of Dallas bound flights to decrease later in the year when all the restrictions are repealed in October and when Midway-Dallas flights begin on October 13.

Logistically, a new terminal would be located on the southern end of the airport, so what would that mean to all the services at the northern end (i.e. hotels, rental cars, etc.), they'd probably need to extend their shuttle services down to the southern end.

And in terms of who would pay for this, I think they've proposed the standard flight/rental car surcharge, or was it a sales tax increase (not certain...)?