View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 16, 2017, 2:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
AI and UBI.
You'd be very kind to be a little bit more explicit here.
Typing on a keyboard is nothing much hard. Tons of brainless people can do it faster than you breathe.
Acronyms are so overused in lazy English that you don't even know what they mean in the end.

Possible meanings of UBI:

Unrelated Business Income
Unified Business Identifier
United Bicycle Institute
UKW-Sprechfunkzeugnis für den Binnenschifffahrtsfunk (German: internationally valid radio certification)

And so on.

I can't believe you'd be an anti-bike person. That's not what you are, right?

I agree that phones and computers are dangerously addictive, but artificial intelligence is most often very far from the main entertainment of the addicts. They don't even know what it means technically. Google stuff like "neural networks" for instance, it's just a bunch of algorithms, that's no brand new tech at all. It's just a term in fashion at the moment, nothing so scary.

Addictive social networks are more dangerous IMHO, but NIMBYism is even far worse, as mentioned by James Bond Agent 007. It is the very threat where I live. The vicious French would invent any type of insane regulations to increase and enforce crazy constraints, so their fierce NIMBYs feel comfortable and satisfied.
I just can't stand that attitude. It's deeply disgusting. That's the issue we got to get over here, then we'd make this silly world die from envy even more.