View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2004, 7:06 PM
devout Pizzatarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
^ yeah it is a bit. if the tower part went a bit higher, it would give some vertical thust. but then again we are only seeing one side. we don't know what the south or west elevation looks like.
well, we didn't get to see any southern elevations at the presentation last thursday, but after seeing the ground floor plans and hearing that the building is "L"-shaped, it's fairly easy to envision what the other side looks like. the central elliptical form will poke all the way through to the backside of the tower, right at the kink of the "L", with the legs of the "L" stepping down progressively in their curved, organic forms on either side.

this building is very intriguing. there's a lot going on in this tower tht chicago has never seen before, and when i heard the architect mention "no exposed concrete" that set my excitement for this project into overdrive. i have every reason to believe that this will be a fantastic tower in a fantastic location. my only concerns really revolve around the ground level treatment, both in terms of design and functionality. i'd really, really, like to see street side retail there, but the information given at the presentation sounded pretty inconclusive about whether or not any retail at all will be a part of this tower.