View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 13, 2004, 8:42 PM
"The World is my Oyster"

You're right Steeley, there was no mention of whether or not this building will have any retail space at all. However, I'm hopeful it will. I don't know if you remember, the Park District President saying that the city really wants to bring restaurants and retail to the area, and based on that, I think it would only make sence to have retail in every tower. Also, I have a friend who lives in one of the townhomes in Central Station. She's been living there for the past 2 years and she said to me this weekend, that in one of their last Association meetings, the board mentioned the creation of a very large area assigned for restaurants and retail space in the new towers, especially on the Michigan Avenue side.
This should be great news for those who live in the South Loop. One of the reasons why I moved away from there, is beacause when I lived there, there wasn't a neighborhood feeling in the area and there were not too many places to hang out, like restaurants and bars. Little did I know all these changes were coming.